Zoono MICROBE SHIELD™
A silane quaternary ammonium salt
|Active ingredient: 3 (trihydroxysilyl) propyldimethyl octadecyl ammonium chloride||0.84%|
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
This pesticide is toxic to fish. Do not discharge effluent containing this product into lakes, streams, ponds, estuaries, oceans or other waters unless in accordance with the requirements of a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit and the permitting authority has been notified in writing prior to discharge. Do not discharge effluent containing this product to sewer systems without previously notifying the local sewage treatment plant authority. For guidance, contact your State Water Board or Regional Office of the EPA
De-activation may be required during clean up if a spill occurs. De-activation of Zoono Microbe Shield Antimicrobial can be achieved by the addition of an anionic surfactant or detergent (such as soap, sulfones, or sulfates) in quantity equivalent to that of the active ingredient.
Product Features and benefits
- Cleans and protects surfaces
- Zoono Microbe Shield Antimicrobial imparts durable biostatic activity to the surface of a wide variety of substrates
- Increased efficiency – through proper application, durable bacteriostatic, fungistatic and algistatic surfaces can be attained with a minimum amount of Zoono Microbe Shield Antimicrobial.
- Antimicrobial surface protectant
- Zoono Microbe Shield Antimicrobial is effective against mold, mildew and algae as a static agent.
- Provides freshness and combats deterioration and discoloration caused by bacteria, fungi and algae
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
It is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
For Industrial/Institutional/Residential/Commercial use
Zoono Microbe Shield Antimicrobial is effective against odor causing bacteria, bacteria which cause staining and discoloration, fungi (mold and mildew) and algae as a static agent. Zoono Microbe Shield Antimicrobial can be used as a
final bacteriostatic finish on the following items to impart
bacteriostatic/fungistatic (mold and mildew) activity:
- Interior Non-Food Contact Hard Surfaces: Floors and Floor Coverings, Walls and Wall Coverings, Ceramic Tile, Concrete, Chrome, Stainless Steel, Sealed Fiberglass, Vinyl, Porcelain, Wood and Glass Fixtures, Marble, and AluminumWear protective eyewear (goggles or face shield) and rubber gloves when using this product. Dry treated areas and articles such as clothing before use. Remove children and pets from treated area until completely dry. Clean surfaces prior to application. Zoono Microbe Shield Antimicrobial is to be applied to organic and inorganic surfaces as supplied by brushing, dipping, padding, soaking, spraying or fogging until adequately wet, or applying by foaming techniques. After applying treatment, the surface should be allowed to dry at temperatures from ambient to a maximum of 160°C (320° F) to effect complete condensation of silanol groups and to remove water, solvents and/or traces of methanol from hydrolysis. If necessary, reapply Zoono Microbe Shield Antimicrobial every three months or when odor, staining and discoloration due to bacteria, mold stains, and mildew stains return.
- Carpet, Draperies, Upholstery, Furniture, Book Covers, and Pictures
For Pump Spray Application:
Using pump sprayer, spray entire area 4-6 inches from the surface making sure the surface is completely covered. Apply and then let stand until dry or let stand 3 minutes and wipe dry with cloth or sponge. If spotting occurs, wipe with moist cloth or sponge. Test for staining and colorfastness of fabrics and carpets by treating and drying a small, concealed area prior to application. One gallon of Zoono Microbe Shield Antimicrobial treats approximately 200 square feet. When treating coarser substrates, more Zoono Microbe Shield Antimicrobial may be required due to absorption.
For Commercial Spray Application:
For commercial application equipment (i.e.carpet/upholstery steamers, rotary jet extraction cleaners, pressure sprayers), apply and then let stand until dry or let stand 3 minutes and wipe dry with cloth or sponge. If spotting occurs, wipe with moist cloth or sponge. Test for staining and color-fastness of fabrics and carpets by treating and drying a small, concealed area prior to application. When treating coarser substrates, more Zoono Microbe Shield Antimicrobial may be required due to absorption. Dry carpet areas and surfaces before reentry and dry articles before use.
For Dipping/Soaking Application:
Use appropriate sized washbasin or tub for dipping/soaking the item you are treating. Use enough Zoono Microbe Shield Antimicrobial solution to completely submerge item. Completely submerge item in solution for 3 minutes. Remove item and dry. Test for staining and color-fastness of fabrics by treating and drying a small, concealed area prior to application. Do not reuse solution after dipping/soaking. The substrate can be dried at room temperatures or at temperatures to a maximum of 160° C (320°F).
For each application, determine optimum application and drying conditions, such as time and temperature before use. If desired, reapply Zoono Microbe Shield Antimicrobial if odor, staining and discoloration due to bacteria, mold or mildew occur.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
Do not contaminate water, food, or feed by storage and disposal.
Store in original, tightly closed container in an area inaccessible to children or persons unfamiliar with its use. Keep tightly closed until ready to use. Reclose tightly after each use. When stored in original, unopened containers at or below 25°C (77°F), Zoono Microbe Shield Antimicrobial has a minimum shelf life of 12 months from date of shipment.
Do not reuse containers. Triple rinse (or equivalent) empty containers. Then offer for recycling, or puncture and dispose of in a sanitary landfill, or by other procedures approved by state and local authorities. This container will have product residues when emptied. All hazard precautions on label must be observed when handling emptied container.
Wastes resulting from the use of this product must be disposed of on site or at an approved waste disposal facility.